How to Learn PHP Fast
In order to master the art of PHP, you need to learn the following:
* Linux: experts may tell you that you don’t need to know any linux to get started with this programming language. I’d like to program with the full knowledge of the environment I’ll be working on. The more you know about Linux, the better you can use its features to program more effectively. And when you are stuck, you’ll know what to do.
* Apache: learning linux may not be necessary, but you can’t expect to get much done if you are no fluent in Apache. Whether you want to write a .htaccess file or just want to change the environment variable, it always pay to know what you are deal with.
* MySQL: you can’t expect to write dynamic websites without knowing how to work with the database management systems. MySQL is the most popular open source DB solution on the market, and many startups and Web 2.0 companies are using it to add dynamic features. Not only should you be able to work with this package, you should also know enough SQL to write database queries for your website.
* HTML: if you don’t know HTML, you should get started with it rightaway. You can know all the PHP in the world, but without the proper knowledge of HTML, you are going to get stuck sooner rather than later.
* CSS: knowing how to program is only one part of the equation. You should know CSS to design attractive layouts for your website. Without it, it’d be tough to create attractive websites.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2143552